Ingredients you will need to mix in a small food processor.
- Easy Vegan Gluten Free Candy
- 3/4 cup Almonds, walnuts, pecans or cashews (I use Almonds as walnuts
- make for a softer candy) Or you can use a mixture of nuts)
- 1/4 cup carob powder (If not a carob fan, substitute cocoa)
- 3/4 to 1 cup Medjool dates*
- **Also add maybe 1 tablespoon of Maple syrup**
- I've been on a health kick lately, making green juice with a Vitamix and strainer. Trying to avoid baked goods.I also sprinkle some salt over this before mixing but it has plenty of flavor without the salt.
- *I use less dates if I don't have many in the house, but sometimes add 1 Tablespoon of Maple Syrup...so this candy is not an exact science but got the idea from another recipe. It's quite good & can be rolled up into balls, and rolled into carob powder, UNsweetened coconut, or just by themselves.
- Cut up dates into three or four pieces, after removing the pits.
- Put ingredients into a food processor and mix until mixture feels sticky enough to roll into balls. ..maybe 2 or 3 minutes.
- For variety, I sometimes add 2-3 Tablespoons of home made peanut butter (Or Whole Foods Make- Your- Own- peanut butter is the best!! $3.30 a lb)
- This is a small batch & needs a smaller sized food processor. To use a standard Cuisinart size, double the recipe so it mixes well. You don't want a processor too crowded or such a small amount, it doesn't mix properly.
- Store in fridge in air tight container. You can even freeze them and they are able to be eaten within a couple minutes after removing. The nuts help keep them softer even frozen.
*Pictures from stock photos online until I make my next batch.